Business Analysis Quick Start Workshop
For Entry Level Business Analysts
Length: In-person classes – 3 days
The discipline of Business Analysis (BA) is rapidly gaining the respect it deserves as a profession. This course is designed for Level 1, entry level business analysts and is aligned with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK v3.0).
This three-day instructor led course is ideal for those who are new to the Business Analyst role and want to quickly understand key Business Analysis terminology, tools, and techniques that can be directly applied in your role as a new Business Analyst in any industry.
Additionally, this comprehensive workshop will support you in your preparation for passing the exam to receive the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA).
Course Objectives: Upon completing this course, participants will demonstrate an understanding of:
· What professional BA’s do and an appreciation of Business Analysis best practices.
· Business Analysis key concepts and underlying competencies, an ability to “speak the language of BA”.
· Elicitation and Collaboration along with Requirements Life Cycle Management as the core of the BA practice.
· How the activities of Requirements Analysis and Design Definition must interface with technical staff for there to be a real transfer of the Business’ needs into actionable deliverables.
· Where the processes of Strategy Analysis, Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring and Solution Evaluation fit into the bigger picture of the BA’s project role.
· The most important techniques a BA will use daily and how to begin practicing them.
Skill Level: Basic
Development Units: 21 training hours
Format: Business Analysis Quick Start follows adult learning principles offering a diversity of instructional modalities and denoted below.
How Business Analysis Quick Start prepares candidates for the exam.